Tuesday 15 May 2012

Pacing a dog is tough work.

Well hello my friends. Busy days bring missed posts. I had a 'hard' weekend of visiting Canmore for the Rocky Mountain Soap Company Women's Run on Saturday. Then Sunday Sadie was my co-pilot as we cruised the 10 km course of the Sport Chek Mother's Day Race. Two days of sniffing runners was tiresome for our little Sadie.


So I missed some of you on Saturday. We had a handful meet at the default location (Eau Claire @ 8am is the Saturday default!) and trot off a 20 km loop. This next week I will be absent from the runs as I sneak off to Vancouver for a conference and then Chicago for the G-8 Summit. No protesting here, just happened to match the needed detour. See you all Wednesday of next week! Oh, if you are coming to Saturday training remember it is always good to default to Eau Claire, so Eau Claire it will be. Have fun.

Have an Apple? Check out this App.
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/city-calgary-pathways-bikeways/id464141446?mt=8
Calgary pathway map for your Apple product...

Hey, I need a co-pilot (Sadie only has her learners permit) who can drive with me for two-ish hours of the Calgary Marathon. I am driving the pace vehicle in two weeks and we need a person to support Sadie and me as we dodge water stations, volunteers, and hopefully all the runners! Give me an email if you can make the race.


I look back a couple weeks ago and see some great results by some of our group in Vancouver. Ken ran a fabulous 3:37, Carolyn a 3:45, Brenda 4:05, Budd 4:08, and Strides Barb at 4:45. If I missed you it was unintentional. Let me know what you are up to next! Did I mention that Ken did a marathon the week prior in Eugene Oregon? he did a lovely 'taper' run of 3:53. The man is a machine!


It was great to see our running buddy Tasha on the route last weekend. She was certainly shakin' it with hands full of kids. Cochrane has been kind to her family and one day hopefully she can join Joy in another trot as in the past. Well done Tasha!



And well done our friends Christine and Wendy. Christine is missing her tinkerbell wings but was all 'magic' for Wendy as she needed the support on the route. This is why friendship running is so important. Buddies DO make the difference.


And finally my little Joey and Char hoofed it hard and walked in with Sadie on the 12 km route. Lorianne is out of frame but also a trooper. All you girls earned your stripes and burnt arms in the lovely sun of Canmore.

Don't forget that if you see me driving at a race, this might be the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment