Friday 29 June 2012

Dancing with Dirt (or is that Dirty Dancing?)

Okay, I am going to try this photo thing from home...

So did I scare any of you with the blogosphere reposting a December story on winter wear and light chasing? I can't tell you a good reason why that particular post was randomly pulled from the previous posts and sent out to you all. Sorry for the scare, but you are now officially reminded that it was 6 months to Christmas!

So I have a couple of meets for us this week. First, we have our Saturday trot. Saturday I will have you all meet at Glennfield Meadows for a Fish Creek rendevous with deer, bears, and hopefully some great friends. We will meet at 8 am of course! Alright, first photo...

Okay, crappy map but the Glennfield lot is on the left.
 As well, I would like to invite those interested in Dirty Dancing (or Dancing with Dirt) to join me for a hike/run/summer patio discussion at Barrier Lake on Monday. Those that are interested need to tell me! We will meet at the Edworthy Park parking lot (Bowness Road and Shaganappi Trail NW along the Bow River Path) at 830 am to share a departure. Hikers should expect ~5 hours, runners less than that...those who wish will meet up at Kananaskis Lodge for lunch on the patio. If you drive yourself to the Barrier Lake Parking lot, it is on the right side just past the first visitors centre. We should be there about 930 am.

Okay, picture number two...with link to the site.
so far so good! Runners will for sure take the left trail
Woo hoo! I thought I would also offer those interested to Jen and John's Dirty Dancing party on Wednesday. We will meet for a trail trot at 6 pm at the Shannon Terrace lot. Keep driving down the road until you get to the lot with the bathroom. We usually do about a 50 minute trail run. Please join us if you want to see why we have been training for 5 peaks and the Mount Robson Marathon.

Congrats to our friends Braden and Trevor who yesterday hosted a fundraising golf tournament in Drumheller. I took the day off, skipped on my trotters in Calgary (sorry all) and played a round (or around) in the beautiful sun. The boys raised about $10,000 for Arthritis. Well done!


They have to work on the hazards!
Okay, gotta go. Off to Banff to pick up $80K for SAIT. Love our donors.

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment