Friday 8 February 2013

The eve of the Eve

Happy Chinese New Year's Eve eve? My friends in high places have told me the Lunar guides are welcoming Chinese New Year on Sunday. Welcome the Year of the Snake! Hopefully there are no snakes on the plane as I head to Portland for a conference! That would be quite the Air Canada experience. I wonder if you would have to pay extra for that 'service'? Who would cover the extra baggage? Happy New Year to my friends who follow the Lunar calendar.

What a glorious week of sun and sky. We are so lucky to see what amounts to the most sunlight of any major urban centre. Even a cold -40C always shines a light on our brow. Ah, glorious! For those that are adventurous, Peter and I will again travel to the land of the dark and start the early trot at 730 am from Eau Claire. If you are inclined you may join us for an early 12ish km and then circle back to the Y for 9 am and a more sensible start to lap number two. We do plan a full 32 km between the two of us but there also will be the easy eights for your trotting pleasure. Perhaps even our friend Sharon M. will show her presence and teach us the way to San Jose, so to speak!

See some of you at 730 am and the rest at 9 am.
I think I have a shirt for every colour!
Okay, this is an event I have to do. Perhaps this will be Joy's first trot on the new foot or perhaps the last on the bad one. Only time will tell! Will you join us for a painting expedition? It is only 5 km so it shouldn't be too tough!

We are off to the Opera tonight so I have to keep it short. See you on the flip side!






No comments:

Post a Comment