Friday 13 December 2013

Friday the 13th is a great day for a trot.

Today is the 13th day of the 12th month of the 2013 year. With two '13' numbers this must be a lucky day. It was lucky of sorts for the Food Bank as Ally, Robbie, Greg, and the Rudolph's Runners below all trotted 5 km in the chill of the Calgary morning to the 12th Annual Amble with Angus. Thanks to all of you that supported our team to third place in fundraising for the Food Bank. If you can't remember if you donated to us, 'test' the donation page by clicking on our photo! Thank you to those special Thursday OJ members who I know supported the cause!

From left, Lorri, Cathy, April, and John
-----
I had been asked by Peter to consider a snowshoe trip for tomorrow. I would love to but...I can't do it myself. If you are interested in skipping a trot and doing a snowshoe I can put you in touch. Sorry Peter, I can't do it this weekend.

BUT...if you have the thought that supporting a bird or two survive the winter, please join me at the unconventional time of 930 am (Susan, Char, and the rest of you early hour-haters take note) at the Tech Shop in  Mission for the annual Christmas tree trot to Sandy Beach. Please bring a bird feed bell (many stores sell them for cheap) or the like to help decorate the tree. There are also regular ornaments and animal memorials posted on the tree of which you can add to the collection. I think Ally has a wonderful one for her dog from last year.
I think I see Merlin, Tamara, Neil, Liz, Peter, Joanne, and John
At least that is what I think!
If you can't make Saturday I expect we will have a redo trot on Thursday at 630 pm again from the Tech Shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment