Friday 26 September 2014

No phone left behind

I love trails. there, I said it. I know you are wondering why I would let you know that when you already understand my need to dance with dirt. But these last few weeks I have had the pleasure to trot with a new and equally excitable group on our urban paths.

the best part about doing trails is getting lost. Not in the Survivor show style or where a cadaver dog is required. but just allowing the dirt to be your guide. Last week the Strides trail group went on a little hill Paskapoo Slopes. In my decades of urban runs I had never been there.

 









I was introduced to a junk yard, a Buddhist shrine, and many a windy trail. I learned what a Stupa is (slang for my action later that night), and saw enough view checks to last a season of Shar Scott trots.






this week was a little bit of home with a Fish Creek run. I expected to see many a downed tree but surprisingly the area we enjoyed was reasonably unscathed. I guess that is one advantage of the spruce tree.









Oops, did we lose Ally?
This Saturday will be a nice simple road trip to the Mount Pleasant Community Arena and subsequent dive into Confederation Park. The arena is located at 23 Avenue and 6 Street NW. See you there at 9 am, the very reasonable time. Christine is running longer and starting earlier if anyone wants to message me and I can pass on the details.

Oh yes, last weekend was the birthdays of Dave and Donna. Who new it would take so long to complete the birthday triathlon?
Donna and Dave's birthdays sans Dave

Who do you thisk was fastest down the track
I have tried to make a race of the London Tube with Joy on our last visit. She wasn't so enamoured with towing sixty pounds of luggage in behind. Fairly though I was carrying the extra bags. If you want to see where you CAN beat the train watch this.

I still run in 1994 but travel 2014
Oh, and the phone? It was found on the centre of Sarcee Trail. It didn't enjoy the trail as much as I did,


No comments:

Post a Comment