Friday 9 January 2015

A New Years Resolution?

I often wonder about New Years resolutions. Every year our friends ask what we will resolve and share their own decisions. Every year (it seems) we discover that a resolution is just mirage of good intentions. But this year I resolve to stick to my resolution which was...oh, I didn't make one - shit.


Last year was the first year since my first marathon in 1996 that I failed to attempt and complete the distance. I just didn't sign up for anything. In fact I only did two races the entire year. The five km Zoo-run-run and the Tracey Flagg Harvest Half Marathon. I remember years of seven marathons in a summer. I must be getting old. Shit.

Isn't it funny that I am the 'normal' one in this picture?
This week I signed up for a program called 'Forty Days of Fitness', or in my case Fatness. Calipers, scales, and then activity are in my future. If my first day is a sign of the rest of the program I could be in trouble. I am not at work for the first day of class. Shit.

So tomorrow we need to start this training with the first trot of 2015. Time for a change which means a different location. Let's start from the McDonald's at Glenmore Landing for a walk or trot. Christine, Joy, and Tamara are already confirmed. Will we see you too?


Well, time to play hockey. Happy New Year my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment