Friday 9 December 2011

This one is for the birds

Hello everyone. What a glorious day. I hope you all got outside for a ‘smoke’ break over lunch? The weather is fabulous. Speaking of fabulous, let’s enjoy some Christmas cheer tomorrow and have a day for the birds! We will meet at the Talisman Centre south entrance for a trot to Sandy Beach and decoration of the Sandy Beach dog memorial tree. We checked it out last week and there were a few memorials to dogs and of course some beautiful ornaments. Bring a bird treat for the surrounding area or if you like an ornament that will not cause an animal harm if it falls. And of course if you have a loved dog that needs a memory bring a photo for the tree and perhaps a story to share. See you at the Talisman Centre for 9 am!

Starting in the new year I will move away from this email form of broadcast to a blog. Yep, it is time to change format. Fifteen years of weekly ya-da ya-da emails need a sprucing up. A blog will allow for potentially more pictures of your fellow runners and I hope a more lively comment section. I have been building content for a couple of months, but need to really get those that read here to read there. Starting in January I will just broadcast from the blog.


You can subscribe at the bottom. This will save me having to break up the email to many distribution lists. Thanks for your understanding as I change things up a bit!
Hello running peeps!
Wondering if you would like to join me in forming a team to run in this year’s “Amble with Angus” 5k run and help raise some much needed funds for the food bank.  It takes place next Friday December 16th at 7:30am.  It starts and ends at Eau Claire so many of you can easily get to work after (après a little clean-up of course J)
Let me know, I think it will be good fun for a great cause!
Cheers, April


I do think this applies to a number of us when we run with our electronics! Our friend Janelle seems to be a little to involved with her I-Phone…



Do any of you remember Forrest Gump?  Did you like the episodes of Monty Python with the bearded guy that would always say 'its...'?  The story at the link below reminded me of both.  I used to love Monty Python...

This also reminds me of a couple of our fellow trotters, Ron (Good luck in Hawaii) and Bob (get well soon). Although I do see a resemblance to Charlton Heston from The Ten Commandments.


Have a great weekend.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment