Thursday 28 March 2013

Duck, Duck, Mallard

It is always good to be home...

After travelling around the world in less than a week I have realized that Dorothy was right. Nothing beats a welcome home hug and a lick with tail wag. As we get back into the swing of things I am getting excited to find that next challenge. What will it be for me? Let's discuss with the next Saturday 9 am trot at Mallard Point parking lot. This is the eastern most end of Canyon Meadows drive SE. Ally, Jodi, and the rest of the NW gang, we will hit your end next week. So join us for a discussion of Peter's trip to Japan and elsewhere, my trip to Italy, Germany, and Toronto, and of course all things that make Saturday mornings a great time to be alive. I promise not to lead us astray...



Next Thursday one of our old trotters (well, much younger than me!) and my room-mate in Oostende, Belgium is making a pilgrimage back to Calgary to visit those near and dear. Jon Jon was a good marathon buddy and now hapy resident of the Grand Caymans. A few of us are meeting him to rehash old times at Original Joe's on 4th Street at 730 pm. if you are about. Heck, you can even join us at 630 for some exercise if you want to 'earn' your brown pop and fatty foods. Let me know if you are coming as a reservation is required!
-----
From that same trip we were introduced to Ken who is off to Ellensburg, Washington for the annual Yakima River Canyon Marathon. Good luck next week with what looks to be a really fun race. See if you can win some extra rupees like last year.
-----
Our friend April thinks that we are all nuts. I almost believe her. She has found an event for us all to enjoy. Who wants to be a zombie?

-----


No comments:

Post a Comment