Thursday 8 May 2014

The only Chinook in my future

It's been a good week. Not an 'I won the lottery week', but a good week none the less. What makes a week good? the people you meet, the opportunities you get to experience and learn, and a wonderful family.

Every day my work involves talking with people who have a passion for students and of SAIT. Meeting people who are passionate about similar things creates spirit that is hard to match. It would be tough to match in any other job where the customers all want to give you money unconditionally.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of hosting a group of my peers while learning about our industry. It is interesting to hear other perspectives that help teach all of us the finer parts of our trade. What more could you expect while working at a trade school supported by industry? All that AND our training partner Kristin was part of the group. Always a fashionable woman who loves colour just like me!

Of course what always makes things greatest is coming home to little Sadie and Joy. No matter what the day delivers our little ball of whiteness never allows you to forget what is important, treats! And thanks Joy for being who you are and letting me be me - for better or worse!
Can you spot the Westie?
I want to pass some thanks and a last call for support of our Mother's Day Committee. We as a group are trying to raise $10,000 for the Calgary Health Trust and the NICU. Last week I promised to raffle off the incentive prizes that are offered as part of the fundraising. My personal page is at $470 with gifts from Christine & Dave, Dan & Char, Barb, Tamara, and Peter. Thank you all! I don't count of course. so far we have earned a $25 Sport Chek gift card. If we can add another $30 we will raffle off a $75 card to Oasis Spa. Who couldn't use a pedi after the trot? If we get to $1000 we will have a $100 gift card for Chinook Centre. Odd's are currently 1 in 5 that you could win. Way better than the lottery option above! Pledge my by clicking on the logo! I will let the winner know next week in the blog. Lunch might be included!

Thanks for supporting the NICU 
Because of my volunteering this weekend I will be at Max Bell all day and night today so no trot for me. If you like I can run around Max Bell with you as you pick up your package! Saturday I will be involved with tear down of Max Bell and set-up of Chinook so no Saturday morning trot for me. Why not run from Max Bell Saturday morning so you can check out the sale following the trot? We will be there! Sunday Joy and me will be at Chinook for 530 am so if anyone can bring us coffee we would be thrilled!

Time to trot off and volunteer. See you at Max Bell all day today if you are coming by.


No comments:

Post a Comment