Thursday 16 January 2014

Liz, lounge, and leg lifts

What an interesting week it has been. But first...

With a potential for a high of 13C on Saturday I think we may have to try another road trip. Should we try Fish Creek? The reservoir? How about Confederation Park? Nose Hill? I like that. Nose Hill it is! Let's meet at Huntington Hills arena which is on the corner of 78th Avenue and Centre Street North. We can do a loop into the Nose Creek Valley and Nose Hill. Hills and valleys are always my favourite. See you at 9 am inside the arena.
-----
I would like to ask you all to wish our friend Liz a speedy recovery from her surgery. She has already been out of bed and walking around, keeping Neil in good speed. If you know Liz but don't know what I am talking about, give me a shout and I will fill you in. See you on the paths soon Liz!
from left: Jodi&Storm, Carroll, Willie&Coco Chanel, Neil, Peter, Liz&Merlin, and Adrian
-----
I enjoy keeping a leg up with the research done around the world. I thought you might enjoy this chart for knowing how to get the biggest brain benefits. It's true - we need a good nap to keep ourselves sharp as a tack. So if you see us on the couch, it is all in the name of research, and smartness!

Click on the image for the full facts!
There are a couple of fun events over the next couple of weeks that I think you might - no should - consider. This Sunday, if we haven't already killed you with the above hills and valleys, our friends at Tri-It are hosting an event called the Yeti.It soulds like a fun snowshoe this weekend. As long as we have snow!
Jordan explains snowshoeing basics if you click on the Yeti!
Next week is the Cochrane Winterfest 5 km. I wonder if it is okay to go to MacKay's for ice cream in January? Check out http://www.cochraneevents.ca/ for more info.

And if your calendar fills quickly, it is exactly 100 days until:
The Tower Climb! Get your boots scootin'
-----
I thought I would finish with the beautiful view outside our window last night. I can't believe how clear the air was, along with a lovely light of night. We love our home.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment