Friday 10 January 2014

Snowshoes and sweatbands


You know those days when you wake up in the morning and really look forward to something? I had this last weekend with the opportunity of a first snowshoe in the 'hood'. With a metre of snow in our little pocket of paradise I was looking forward to some partners in powder. Unfortunately all I saw was the taillights of Adrian's truck as he drove away - lonely at the thought we were no-shows. Sorry Adrian!

Indeed there was a majority that were absent: cold? Nope! Hung over? Maybe! But shy of the two of us it was a quiet morning on the trails. For my mental notes in the future, the paths were plowed by 930 am that morning.

As for this Saturday, let's just stick with Eau Claire so that we may enjoy the cleared paths without too many Chinook created icy patches. See you at 9 am.

I thought you all would like a bit of a view from the banks of the Bow.

Where the bow flows past our house. 

The one duck that called me a quack for showing up.

The lonely picnic tables that the flooding washed up against the remaining trees

Another picnic gone bad.

A neighbour on the banks of the Bow

A slightly better view of the Bald Eagle. Moments before there were two.

The lonely Sue Higgins Bridge. She will be lonely for a few years I suspect.

I could probably jump the gap with these snowshoes!

The sun was peeking out of the clouds.

Which one is better?

This is our hood, and why I don't need to move.
 If these pictures are not good enough, check out the photos that Greg shared here.
-----
Are you interested in the Cabot Trail relays? From one of my parade contacts:

I know you've got a crew that run and I wanted to let you know that we officially have an all-Alberta team in the Cabot Trail relay (Nova Scotia) in May. There are a few spots open if you know anyone who may be interested!

Give me a call or email if you'd like more information.

Thanks
Kat

Sent from Kat's iPhone
Marketing | PR | Graphic Design


No comments:

Post a Comment